Welcome to The Sikh Match, your bespoke matchmaking platform.
The Site is a serious matchmaking platform to seek a life partner and is not a casual dating site.
This Agreement sets out the legally binding terms for your use of the Site and membership. This Agreement may be modified by The Sikh Group from time to time. The membership and rights of admissions are reserved.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CLICK ON "SIGN UP" OR "SUBMIT" BUTTON, ONCE THE BUTTON IS CLICKED YOU ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU REGISTER FOR THE SERVICE. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE SIKH MATCH AT ANY TIME, EFFECTIVE UPON NOTICE TO YOU, WHICH NOTICE SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN PROVIDED UPON OUR POSTING OF THE CURRENT VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT ON THE WEBSITE.
The terms of Acceptable Use Policy for Content Posted on the Website, and any notices regarding the Website are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
- Eligibility. By becoming a Member, You represent and warrant that You are at least 18 years old. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using the Website, You represent and warrant that You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may not authorize others to use Your membership, and You may not assign or otherwise transfer Your account to any other person or entity.
- Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while You use the Website and/or are a Member of The Sikh Match. You may terminate Your membership at any time, for any reason, effective upon receipt of Your written notice of termination by The Sikh Match customer support staff.
The Sikh Match may terminate Your membership for any reason, with or without explanation, effective upon sending a notice to Your email address provided for at registration, or to any other email address provided by You to The Sikh Match staff. If Your membership with The Sikh Match is terminated by reason of violation of this Agreement, or at Your request, You will not be entitled to, nor shall The Sikh Match be liable to You, for any refund. Notwithstanding Your membership being terminated, this Agreement will remain in full effect.
- Non-Commercial Use by Members. The Sikh Match is for the personal use of individual Members and/or Registered Non-Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours. Organizations, companies, businesses, and/or other entities may not become Members and are not entitled to use the Service or the Website/ Application for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website/ Application, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website/ Application will be investigated, and appropriate legal action may be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. You hereby grant, represent and warrant that You will not create any databases, websites, applications, software, legal entities and services competitive with The Sikh Match. You further guarantee and warrant that You will not use the Website/Application for any commercial purposes, and/or send or receive funds thorough the Website/Application, and/or create accounts with fake usernames. You further guarantee and warrant that You will not be paid for using the Website/Application and services, provided on the Website/Application. Such activity will be investigated, Your membership may be terminated and appropriate legal action may be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
- Proprietary Rights in Content. The Sikh Match owns, licenses or otherwise retains all intellectual property rights in the Website and the Service, absolutely. Those rights include, but are not limited to, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), patents, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, wherever existing in the world, together with the right to apply for protection of the same of The Sikh Match and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which You have been given written permission, You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
Member agrees that The Sikh Match shall solely, exclusively and perpetually own all right, title and interest to the Content posted by Member on the Website, and shall have the rights to distribute, license, sub-license, market, promote, exhibit and otherwise exploit all rights therein in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all languages and in all media formats and by any and all means (whether now known or later developed), including without limitation, all forms of theatrical, non-theatrical, television, interactive multimedia, home video, internet and on-line, publishing (both electronic and non-electronic), radio, electronic databases, merchandising and commercial tie in rights and all other allied, subsidiary, derivative and ancillary rights in and in connection with same, whether now known or hereafter developed, with no further obligation or compensation to Member.
Member hereby releases, discharges and agrees to save The Sikh Match harmless to the fullest extent Member may lawfully do so, from any causes of action in law or equity Member may have or may hereafter acquire against The Sikh Match or any of its affiliates for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark violation, right of publicity, or false light arising out of or in connection with the utilization by The Sikh Match or its affiliates of the Content.
- Mobile services. By providing your mobile number you agree to receive various notifications from Website including but not limited to: account verification, password recovery, marketing notifications, invite notifications, your contact list activities notifications.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if You believe that Your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please supply The Sikh Match copyright agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that You claim is infringing on such copyright is located on the Website; Your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for Your interactions with other The Sikh Match Members/Registered Non-Members. The Sikh Match reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between You and other Members/Registered Non-Members.
- Disclaimers. THE WEBSITE PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, IN ANY COMMUNICATION WITH ITS REPRESENTATIVES, OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. THE WEBSITE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, THE WEBSITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. THE WEBSITE DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY. Although each member must agree to the Agreement, The Sikh Match cannot guarantee that each member is at least the required minimum age, nor does it accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Service by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. Also, it is possible that other members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials through the Service and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive or obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to Your use of the Service. Those others may use Your information for purposes other than what You intended. The Sikh Match is not responsible for the use of any personal information that You disclose on the Service. Please carefully select the type of information that You post on the Service or release to others. The Sikh Match DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER MEMBERS OR USERS (INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED USERS), WHETHER SUCH ACTS OR OMISSIONS OCCUR DURING THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE. The Sikh Match is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. The Sikh Match is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service. The Sikh Match assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. The Sikh Match is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will The Sikh Match be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Website or the Service, any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members/Registered Non-Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline.
- Suppliers. To provide the Service, The Sikh Match purchases services from various agencies (collectively, "Suppliers"). The Suppliers are independent contractors and are not agents, or employees of The Sikh Match. The Sikh Match is not responsible for the wilful or negligent acts and/or omissions of any Supplier or any of its respective employees, agents, servants or representatives including, without limitation, their failure to deliver Services, or partial or inadequate delivery of Services. According to terms of agreement with its Suppliers, The Sikh Match is prohibited from rendering the Suppliers' contact information. Services provided by the Suppliers include but are not limited to the following:
- Suppliers provide full, accurate and legitimate information required for the registration of referred Members at The Sikh Match prior to their registration according to the terms of Agreement.
- Suppliers provide full, correct and quality translation of all correspondence between Members.
- Suppliers provide additional services in accordance to the terms of their agreement with The Sikh Match.
- Any additional services requested by The Sikh Match Members, which fall into the Suppliers' scope of activity, but not defined by The Sikh Match terms of Agreement with Supplier, including but not limited to, arrangement of a meeting with referred Members of the Supplier, provision of additional information on referred Members, or any other personal requests of Members, may be processed by Supplier, but are not automatically granted.
The Sikh Match is not in any way responsible for the quality of any additional services provided by the Suppliers. The Website and the Service are provided "as is" and The Sikh Match expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Sikh Match cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service. Receipt or exchange of funds or any other means of payment is prohibited on the Website.
- Members may terminate their membership with the Website at any time. Deactivation of profiles of Members of the Website is governed by the following:
- In the event a Member is no longer interested in the Services, no refund will be provided.
- In the event, a Member had found his/her match, and same is not the Correspondent, the Correspondent shall not be entitled to any refund with respect to this correspondence with such Member.
- In the event, a Member had been reported for inappropriate activities and there is incontrovertible evidence of the same.
- In the event, a Member is found on an anti-scam site, or in case we receive reliable proof of the Member's illegal activities from another Member, such Member's profile may be deleted from the Website provided that The Sikh Match, in its sole and unfettered discretion, considers the supplied information substantial and irrefutable.
By purchasing the lifetime membership, You authorize The Sikh Match too charge Your credit card, debit card or other payment method at such time. You acknowledge and agree that your payment method will be automatically charged for such membership fees, plus any applicable taxes.
Membership is £1,000 for lifetime membership.
By subscribing to our membership, you will receive the following benefits:
- Presentation of your account to all suitable members during the membership period;
- A minimum of 3 (three) introductions annually;
Upon de-activation of Your membership, Your profile shall not be matched with other Members.
Limitation of Liability. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will The Sikh Match be liable to You or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from Your use of the Website or the Service, as well as damages for loss of date, loss of programs, cost of procurement of substitute Services or Service interruptions, even if The Sikh Match knows or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Sikh Match is not responsible for any expenses that you may have related to communicating with Members and Non-Members on our site but outside of using our services (including, but not limited to expenses related to travel, deliveries, meetings etc.). Those expenses are your own responsibility. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, The Sikh Match liability to You for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by You to The Sikh Match for the Service during the term of membership.
- U.S. Export Controls. Software from the Website (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone who is listed on the U. S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or on the U. S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, You represent and warrant that You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Disputes. You acknowledge that the transactions involving your use of the Website and your purchase of products or services took place in the country of incorporation of the Company. Any dispute or claim relating in any way to your visit to the Website or to products or services sold or distributed by The Sikh Match or through The Sikh Match will be resolved by binding arbitration under the LCIA Rules, rather than in court. The number of arbitrators shall be three. The arbitration shall take place in London, UK. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The governing law of this Agreement shall be the substantive law of the country of incorporation of the Company with which this agreement is made.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. Arbitrators, however, can award you the same damages and relief, and must honor the same terms in this Agreement, as a court would.
The LCIA's Rules are available at www.lcia.org/Dispute_Resolution_Services/lcia-arbitration-rules-2014. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the LCIA's rules.
We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD MONEY OR INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM. NO CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL THEORIES OF LIABILITY OR PRAYERS FOR RELIEF MAY BE MAINTAINED IN ANY ARBITRATION HELD UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold The Sikh Match, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, and/or any allegations that any Content that You submit to The Sikh Match or transmit to the Website infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of Your representations and warranties set forth above. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
- Other. This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Website and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the Service, contains the entire Agreement between You and The Sikh Match regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Success payments are welcomed but not mandatory.